Garmin Approach S6 Review – Great all round golf GPS watch
Summary: The Garmin Approach S6 Golf GPS watch is lightweight and compact, and feels comfortable to wear. It's also easy to use and has can connect to other devices such as your smartphone to receive text messages and analyse your swing.
A golf watch may be a better choice for you if you’re a golfer who likes to keep your hands free on the golf course. It's also available in three color options, as shown below.
Different Color Options
Garmin Approach S6 Review - Garmin is one of the leading manufacturers of GPS devices, including a full line of watches and GPS handheld devices for golfers to improve their game. The Garmin Approach S6 is worth taking a look at if you’re in the market for a GPS to help you improve your game. You’ll appreciate how this watch has more features than their older model of Approach S5, giving you a better chance to improve on the course.
Using a golf GPS not only helps you to improve your game, but they’re also a lot of fun to use. They utilize the latest and best GPS technology, but instead of being used for vehicle or wilderness hiking, they’re used solely by golfers.
Is The Garmin Approach S6 Worth Buying? We Think So
Garmin Approach S6
- Simple and easy to use, even for beginner golfers.
- 38,000 preloaded courses can be accessed quickly to save time.
- Has built-in menu functions.
- Comfortable to wear on wrist, or slip around a belt.
- Great waterproof function for when it’s raining.
- Easily charges up with included USB cable to wall or laptop computer.
- The golf watch could benefit from a screen lock function so you don’t accidentally modify your menus while it’s in your pocket.
- The screen of the golf watch might be difficult to read in bright sunlight.
- Some of the golf watches don’t seem to last for the advertised ten hours of GPS play, and run out power after 8 hours of golfing.
Features of the Garmin Approach S6 Review
- Training Capabilities: The Garmin S6 has some great features which will assist you with training to become a better golf player. This watch has many training functions that will assist you with your golf swings. These are called SwingStrength, SwingTempo, and Tempo Training. Together, all of these functions will enable you to analyze your golfing game and help you to play a better game for the next round.
- SwingStrength provides a measurement of how strong your swing is, and also allows you to compare it to your usual swing. You can use this function on the golf course or on the driving range.
- Swing Tempo measures your downswing and backswing times. It displays this ratio on the screen.
- TempoTraining is a brand new function exclusive only to the Garmin S6 Golf Watch. You have the ability to turn on a sound function, which will enable you to bring your upswings and downswings into alignment.
- Golf Course Functions: This GPS watch has the usual distances and steps that most GPS watches can provide. You’ll have access to over 38,000 full colour golf course maps. You’ll also get to see water hazards, doglegs, and green shapes on the green.
If you’re shooting blind, the watch will help you to line up your shot even if you’re stuck inside a trap. There is also PinPointer technology. This can be turned on or off.
- Precise Course Measurements: There is a precise yardages function on the golf watch. You can view the map and see what the yardages are from front, middle, and back of the course. The display provides a bold and easy to read numbering system.
Layup distances are also displayed. You’ll see the yardages to doglegs and other golf course hazards.
- Smart phone integration: If you want to leave your smart phone behind while you’re on the golf course, yet still receive important notifications, the S6 will connect with your smart phone. You’ll be able to receive text messages, emails, and other notifications directly to your golf watch’s screen. It all works through Bluetooth.
- Data tracking functions: When you’re golfing, you don’t want to be scrambling for pen and paper to record your stats. You can enter your strokes, GIR, fairways hits, and putts per round into the watch. All this information is stored on a printable scorecard that you can view at any time, or print out on your computer when you get home.
The Garmin S6 Golf Watch syncs with the Garmin Connect app. This gives you access to course updates, score details, and more.
Our Final Thoughts:
Apparently you can now use golf GPS watches and devices at all amateur golf championships and matches, according to the USGA. The Garmin Approach S6 Golf GPS Watch will offer the data and smart phone functions that golfers at all levels will be seeking. The low battery life may or may not be a deal breaker for you—six hours is plenty for most people’s game days, but you’ll need to remember to charge it up each time you use it.
Many golfers may be torn between buying a golf GPS watch, or a golf GPS device. If you read all the reviews first, you’ll be better able to make an informed choice. And there’s certainly nothing stopping you from purchasing both a golf GPS watch and a GPS golf device. Both types are small and compact, and simple to use.
Are you ready to improve your game and have more fun on the range? The Garmin Approach S6 Golf GPS Watch has all the innovative functions and full colour touch screen capabilities within a compact, attractive watch that is sure to impress.
Other articles related to: Garmin Approach S6 Review.